The use of the magnetic field is a form of complementary and alternative therapy based on the creation of magnetism, which as the experts believe contribute to the improvement of the circulatory system and increases the ability of tissues to treat various inflammatory conditions. The application of the magnetic field has produced good results in many diseases such as cervical pain syndrome-arthritis-pain-low back pain muscle-distortion-fractures-post-operative conditions, etc.. providing an anti-inflammatory action by increasing the 'hyperemia’ action to release endorphins that alleviate pain, decrease edema remove all ‘waste’ of the metabolism of the affected area (toxins), helps the metabolism of lipids and proteins, increasing blood circulation in affected areas.
Magnetic therapy is the application of magnetic fields in the human body for therapeutic purposes. To create a magnetic field is to use a large solenoid inside round where they enter the human body.
The result depends on the type or thermal insulating power (high frequency, low frequency) to be used to create the magnetic field.
Especially in intermittent or pulsed magnetic field effects that are achieved are not thermal.
The parameters to consider are:
• The frequency (F), measured in Hz low frequency is used to obtain an analgesic effect for the balance of the autonomic nervous system and circulatory system. The highest frequencies of 10 Hz which act at the cellular level, prevent inflammation and swelling and assist in cell division.
The intensity that measures the magnetic field is called Gauss.
The main types of waveforms are: sinusoidal - rectangular and triangular.
The flow direction of the field is determined by the direction of current flowing in the coil.
The pause is a parameter that gives the possibility of a cessation of waveforms. The pause gives the possibility to rest heat tissue to reduce the risk of a possible thermal burn.
Mechanism of action of magnetic fields
The elements that make up the human body, their influence on the magnetic fields are divided into:
• Elements Diamagnetic: This category includes items that are little affected by magnetic fields such elements are the membranes of healthy cells.
• paramagnetic elements: elements that belong to this category are affected by magnetic fields, which are and can be converted into magnetic dipoles oriented in the direction of the field. These elements are Fe (iron), or Zn (zinc) in Mg (magnesium) and Cu (copper).
• Elements located in the nucleus paramagnetic nuclear H2 (hydrogen), C (carbon) F (fluorine) and phosphorus (P)
• Through the application of magnetic fields is restored balance of paramagnetic elements and thus the healing of diseases. Each cell (paramagnetic component) receives the deep nfluence that can reach up to 20-30 cm.
physiological effects of magnetic fields
During treatment with magnetic fields there is no increase in temperature for the application and thus can be used for inflammatory conditions.
The application of magnetic fields
The magnetic fields in the body causing a number of positive reactions.
• analgesia due to the release of endorphins, which act as inhibitors of pain.
• Setting the permeability of cell membranes of Na (sodium) and K (potassium). As mentioned above, the membrane elements belongs in diamagnetic. However, when it is altered, the electric field and electromagnetic help restore the normal functioning of the cell membrane. In this way the magnetic fields help reduce inflammation and swelling.
• on the metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins
• Control of hormone secretions
• favorable effects on defense system of the body
• increased production of
• Reduction of osteoclasts
• Increased osteoblast
• Increased blood flow
• increased calcification
• increased prostaglandin
• positive results for
the recovery of muscles and traumatic
• chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system
The magnetic field helps the rapid consolidation of fractures, and clinical experience and our personal results of patients undergoing magnetic therapy have been improved up to 40% and well before the allotted time.
The magnetic field, as evidenced by its therapeutic effects described above can be applied in:
• Muscle trauma
• in chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system
• swelling due to situations of poor circulation of lymphatic system
• is also used in 'aesthetic, like cellulite, acne and acne scars
• Aging and relaxation epidermal
• Venous insufficiency
In our studio we are using magnetic fields produced by cylindrical coils that cover the entire body.