Losing body fat, not muscle. It 'very important to know how much fat should be lost!
Is not our job to suggest or propose different methodologies and solutions to lose fat and be leaner. This is the work of others (people specialized scientifically to solve this problem.)
But what we can now propose show to our patients are overweight or obese, and ilsistema to know how much fat should lose weight, if for reasons of "health" should be thinner or not (ie for their suffering from pain in the spine particularly in the lumbar region, hip, knees, ankles), so that you can have the best and fastest results during their therapy.
The TANITA body composition analyzer is based on the fact that, contrary to their muscle mass is high in fat mass of water and electrolytes, and thus the passage of current (0.5 mA - 50 Hz) is more facile.Il passage of the current goes from the front surface of the platform and its voltage is measured on the back of the platform.
The information we collect is the total quantity of water (TBW), the impedance (ohmic resistance) net muscle mass, adipose tissue (fat mass), weight and BMI (basal metabolic index) basal metabolism.
The BMI is a reliable measure for obesity. It measures the weight in kg / m² high. The categorization of overweight and obese people identified by the BMI is:
• Variation soto weight when the BMI is <18.5 kg / m²
• variation is normal when the BMI 18,6-24,9 kg / m²
• Overweight is when the BMI 25-29,9 kg / m²
• obese class I 30-34,9 kg / m²
• obese class II 35-39,9 kg / m²
• obese class III> 40 kg / m²
The change desired fat (%)
Age 17-29 years 30-69 years
males 14-20% 17-23%
Women 17-24% 20-27%
Before the measure we have to follow certain guidelines which are:
• Do not consume alcohol 48 hours before measurement
• No preceded by intense athletic performance in the last 12 hours
• No food-coffee-cigarette-water 4 hours ago
• No diuretic in the last 7 days
The test is always done after they have passed at least 3 hours from any
sleep. To obtain valid results should be advised to re-measure every time the same time of day.
Other factors equally important that we receive are:
• BMR (basal metabolic ratio) is the total energy consumed by the body to maintain normal functions like breathing and silent movement.
• Impedance is the resistance to the passage of the body 's electricity. The muscles act as conductive medium, while the fat is resistant to the passage of electric current: the impedance ranges from (150-900)
• fat mass is the total weight of body fat in the body.
• TBW (total body water) is the total amount of water present in the body. The ideal proportion of the body of water is 50-70% of the total weight. Men have a higher percentage of water, because they have a greater muscle volume. In the method of measuring the results learned from each patient should be compared with that ideal (optimal) which gives us the tanita 300TBF from which we can draw out our conclusions.
On the device TANITA TBF 300 can not get those that carry the pacemaker or other medical